This week’s recipe is from laylita.com, a lovely site with many traditional Ecuadorian recipes.
Click on the picture to visit the full article on her website.
This frisée salad with apple, bacon and goat cheese with an apple cider honey mustard vinaigrette, is another salad that came as a result of “what is in the fridge or kitchen & how can I put these ingredients together?” I had some frisée, some apple bacon – which gave me the idea to add apples-, some goat cheese, parsley, so of course I thought that all those ingredients would make a good salad….
- 1 bunch of frisée, washed and broken into pieces
- 1 apple, core removed and sliced
- 6 oz bacon, cut in small pieces and sautéed until crispy
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
Apple cider honey mustard vinaigrette
- 1 ½ tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon style mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbs finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette or salad dressing in a jar, close it tight and shake until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Place the frisée, sliced apple, bacon and goat cheese in a salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing or vinaigrette over the salad and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4-6.
–posted by Steven